Junior Golf Clinics & Camps at Hillandale
Junior golf is a critical part of our great game.
At Hillandale Golf Course, we recognize not only the value our junior golfers bring to the great game of golf, but also the importance of a well instructed junior golf program that includes:
- Proper golf swing development
- Understanding the etiquette and rules of golf
- Character development
In a day and time when video games are taking the attention of our youth, the golf course delivers a better environment for our kids. The experiences, memories and friendships a child develops while on the golf course can last a lifetime. Contact Hillandale Golf Course for more information regarding Junior Golf Clinics and Junior Golf Camps.
2013 Junior Golf Program Schedule
Junior Golf Academy Schedule (Age 10-16)
- Fee for this clinic is $200 or $100 and there is a complete curriculum including rules, etiquette, and character development. Maximum of 12 juniors per camp.
- Check in time for each day thirty (30) minutes before clinic is scheduled to begin.
- This is on a first come, first serve basis with limited space available.
Junior Golf Academy Schedule (Age 4-9) - $60
Dates July 15th through 18th 6pm - 7pm and August 12th through 15th 6pm - 7pm
- One-day programs designed specially for kids
- Monday - Thursday
- Kids must have golf clubs to participate.
- Academy cost: $60.00 per child. Limited availability.
- Camps are designed to get your child on their golf journey with the proper fundamentals. Students meet four days in a row for instruction only. Classes last approximately one hour. Each camp, your child will be involved with instruction only that encompasses a great game of "Flinch" and even baseball. Did you know that there are great similarities between the two sports?
Junior Golf Championship
- This is a two-day tournament for those who have attended any junior golf program offered at Hillandale Golf Course throughout the current year.
- The scoring is designed so that our junior golfers understand the value of an effective short game with the short game test. On the first day this test allows our juniors the ability to score points on a designed 9 hole short game course through chipping and putting. That score will be deducted from their on course play the next day for a unique and fun total. The lowest scores derived from the two day total will be crowned our flight champions.
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Program of Durham
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Program provides opportunity for girls, ages 7-17, to learn to play golf, build lasting relationships and experience competition in a fun, supportive environment, preparing them for a lifetime of enjoyment of the game.
Five-level progressive learning is offered on the golf course, starting from the green and moving back to the tee.
Girls Golf provides a solid instructional foundation for girls who want to:
- Play for fun with family and friends
- Learn for future career opportunities
- Compete at the high school, college and/or local, state & national levels
Message To Our Junior Golfer Parents
The game of golf is a life long journey that has no finish line. The game under its personality instills the admiration to obtain goals whether it is a better grip, better putting and better ball striking or better tournament play. The game challenges us. Integrity and honesty are values and character traits your child can develop through their time with the game. But nothing takes the place of you spending time with your child and the golf course offers a great environment for you. Not only can you see your child's golf game improve, but an arena filled with green grass and fresh air affords you the opportunity to talk to your child. Nothing gets conversation going like a walk on the golf course or a round of golf sitting next to each other in a golf cart. Be active with your child, play more golf!
Play Golf America
Learning to play golf the proper way leads to a more enjoyable experience every time you tee it up. Unlike going to the dentist, going to your PGA or LPGA Professional for a lesson is a rewarding experience that can be shared over and over again. Teaching has always been an integral part of The PGA's mission, and its members remain the game's experts and leaders. Today, PGA Professionals teach everybody how to play golf: juniors, seniors, high handicappers -- and they can teach you, too. Click here for more information